cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I recently tried to unlock my phone via the o2 unlock form and got an email saying

'iPhone Unlatching Request - Kana Case ID: 414340641 (KMM774406324I15977L0KM)

Thank you for your iPhone unlatching request.

I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your iPhone at this time.
The reason given is: Sorry, you have not passed our security checks with
the information that you have provided. Kindly check that you have
provided the correct information.
'

As far as I know I don't have any security passwords of any such for o2. Any help?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

I recently tried to unlock my phone via the o2 unlock form and got an email saying

'

As far as I know I don't have any security passwords of any such for o2. Any help?

Hi there,

I got the very same message with a similar reference number with the word Kana in it. I wondered if this was the name of an individual. Regardless, you can either resubmit or do it through a pop-up chat window. Either way they will ask for a password. What they are actually asking for is the response to your secret question.

This may be your first school , mother maiden name etc. My bet is that you opted to avoid this question when you submitted your unlock request and you filled in your bill date, last bill amount and tariff name? I also reckon you probably answered it perfectly but our foreign friends at mycare decided to bounce it.

Have a look at your myO2, on the left hand column, click My Details, then click View my security details. Hopefully you will find the security question and answer.

I would then just use a pop-up chat window, usually very helpful.

af

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Is it PAYG or contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

'

Hi there,

I got the very same message with a similar reference number with the word Kana in it. I wondered if this was the name of an individual. Regardless, you can either resubmit or do it through a pop-up chat window. Either way they will ask for a password. What they are actually asking for is the response to your secret question.

This may be your first school , mother maiden name etc. My bet is that you opted to avoid this question when you submitted your unlock request and you filled in your bill date, last bill amount and tariff name? I also reckon you probably answered it perfectly but our foreign friends at mycare decided to bounce it.

Have a look at your myO2, on the left hand column, click My Details, then click View my security details. Hopefully you will find the security question and answer.

I would then just use a pop-up chat window, usually very helpful.

af

Message 3 of 3