cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an iPhone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening. I have requested via the My o2 app for my iPhone 6 to be unlocked following an upgrade to an iPhone 6s. I am on pay monthly. I wish to pass my old phone to my son who, shock horror, is asking me every 20 minutes if I have received a text telling me it has been completed. My question is is there any way of tracking the request? Or should I just lock my son in the cupboard under the stairs!

Thanks in anticipation.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It can take 24-72 hrs...though often much quicker than this. Make sure you have done everything required via this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Edited to add...you can't track the request....so rather than locking your son in a cupboard just put some earplugs in....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It can take 24-72 hrs...though often much quicker than this. Make sure you have done everything required via this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

Edited to add...you can't track the request....so rather than locking your son in a cupboard just put some earplugs in....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff for your prompt and helpful reply. I will explain to my son that patience is a virtue!

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good idea. It won't stop him being impatient but at least you have a time scale to give him now wink

Welcome to the forum by the way @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
It's generally 72 hours for iPhones.
O2 will request it to Apple and they will update the server. Once you receive the confirmation email you just insert a new sim and away you go.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5