cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Iphone 4 that was on Pay Monthly contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested my old Iphone 4 which was a Pay Monthly to be unlocked by O2 on the 19th Dec last year and was told it will take 5 days, I waited until early Jan before I rang again as I had heard nothing and was told an escalation form can be raised which I was told would take 10 days and I would receive a text or e-mail to confirm.

10 days passed and I still didn't hear anything so I rang again on the 16th Jan to chase and was told that a escalation form would be filed out again and this time it would take 72 Hours.

Still heard nothing so I rang today to be told that I shouldn't of been told 72 Hours but 10 days is the norm which will be the 26th Jan.

Please help! As this can't be the best process, I have been very patient but I am going to be really annoyed if this has not been completed on the 26th Jan!

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We can't do anything for you unfortunately as this is a customer forum. You'll just have to keep contacting CS until Apple process it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We can't do anything for you unfortunately as this is a customer forum. You'll just have to keep contacting CS until Apple process it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I think I just needed to air my frustrations 🙂 I will wait until the 26th to see if it happens

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah, I know how annoying it can be. Have you tried connecting to iTunes with a different SIM in anyway, just in case....?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah tried connecting with Itunes but still says " The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

In the age of paperless technology you would think it could happen straight away. O2 just need to think of another way to quicken process but I guess it's not in there interest to improve this type of service. 🙂 Thanks anyway

Message 5 of 5