cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock 3gs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my iphone 5 and its up and running. I now have my old 3gs with no sim card and its locked to o2, dose anyone know how I can unlock it to any network as I have promised it to the wife who is on tmobile

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just fill in the handset unlock form and enter your present mobile number that was used previously in the 3GS.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Fill out the unlock form with the IMEI and original phone number of the 3GS and hope that it is still registered as a contract phone, the unlock will be free if successful. If not its a PAYG SIM and £20 credit (£15 for the unlock fee and a few phone calls / texts to register phone on the network).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You should be able to put a O2 SIM card in and pay a one off payment of £15 which is taken from the money topped up on the phone.
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
You should be able to put a O2 SIM card in and pay a one off payment of £15 which is taken from the money topped up on the phone.
The new sim would need to be registered on the network so £15 isn't enough. It "should" still be registered on the contract number though anyway so will be free...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone put my details in awaiting the outcome, thanks again much appreciated

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions