cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock iphone SE although original owner unlocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a second hand iphone SE from someone locked to the O2 network, the phone was on a contract. He called O2 and got it unlocked, they gave him a code to pass on to me and informed me it would take 72 hours, to put another network sim or an o2 sim and connect to itunes.

All of which I did. There is no place to put the code and the phone remains unlocked.

I now cannot contact the original owner, but he passed on all the details to me, EMEI number, mobile number, reciept etc.

What do I do anyone please!

Lucy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that he was given an unlatching number. I do believe that he did talk with O2 and request for the unlocking and it just hasn't worked.

I would be interested to know more about borrowing another persons O2 contracted sim to unlock, would it be as simple as that? I thought the original owner only had that capability?

Thank you for your time...

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff; Yes I made a mistake in that sentence, the phone is still locked!

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jonsie & Beenherebefore;

The phone was previously with a contract, therefore I am unable to pay £20 PAYG and get it unlocked that way....

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, as explained, there is no unlock code for an iPhone, so there is no way O2 could have generated one to pass on.
If you know someone with an O2 contract, use their sim in the phone for a day or two and then submit the unlock request from their MyO2 as explained in the original link I gave you.
You can still use the PAYG route by obtaining a PAYG sim and topping up £20 (make sure you are on classic PAYG tariff) and then submitting your own request after a couple of days use of the phone.
You have to use the phone on O2 either route you take to register it on the system.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14