cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

i recently had my iPhone stolen out of my lorry and my first reaction was to get in touch with o2 to get it blocked straight away. Well this was a mistake apparantly as the police say they may have been able to track it using FindmyiPhone which i never even considered and which i think o2 should have told me first of all before turning off the phone. Just a suggestion to you to have findmyiphone turned on on your phone and remember to try tracking it before having it blocked you never know they may find your phone and catch a criminal too.

Gary

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

some good advice in this article http://blogs.channel4.com/benjamin-cohen-on-technology/the-lessons-i-learnt-from-my-iphone-mugging/3...

As long as you have a passcode to unlock the iphone if stolen whilst locked no calls can be made and safe  not to get o2 to immediatly bar the sim and let the police / others track it down. But if no passcode lock then best to bar and claim on insurance to prevent call charges.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't this be disabled by the finder assuming he or she can access the settings?

Message 2 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

some good advice in this article http://blogs.channel4.com/benjamin-cohen-on-technology/the-lessons-i-learnt-from-my-iphone-mugging/3...

As long as you have a passcode to unlock the iphone if stolen whilst locked no calls can be made and safe  not to get o2 to immediatly bar the sim and let the police / others track it down. But if no passcode lock then best to bar and claim on insurance to prevent call charges.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is a difficult choice as the owner is keen for the theif or finder of the lost phone not to have access to the held data and credit or contractual minutes on the sim.

Nowadays most people know about findmyiphone and either turn it off straight away or rip the sim out before the owner can use icloud services to remote wipe and lockout the iphone as well.

I had my iphone 4 pickpocketed from my person and before i could log in on a computer the theif had taken it offline.

I did send a remote wipe, remote lock and a reward message before contacting 02 to imei blacklist it.

I used the 4 digit passcode and had a tweak called applocker to deny access to folders and settings without a code too.

Message 4 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm the person that aquired my iPhone from the office at the nightclub I was working at wasn't fast enough and left the sim in while he was trying to guess the password at his home.

A couple of bouncers paid him a visit:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Hmm the person that aquired my iPhone from the office at the nightclub I was working at wasn't fast enough and left the sim in while he was trying to guess the password at his home.

A couple of bouncers paid him a visit:)

Nice 1 liquid slight_smile clearly he wasnt the sharpest tool in the box haha slight_smile Some good tips in this thread slight_smile

Message 6 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Nah typical lowest class of scum in reading haha. But hey having a couple of steriod abusing angry men turn up at your door is enough to make most people jump on the "straight and narrow" path haha

I always thought travkmyiphone was done via the iTunes account? So surely even if the imie is blocked they would be able too see it if it was online?

I didn't think police had the right to go and get a phone using the GPS as a reason to believe the stolen property was inside a specific location?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 7