cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am doing a sim swap and my old sim hand no signal and neither does my new one 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mandy

When did you do the sim swap?

It can take upto a maximum of 24 hours for it to complete on the network, but usually doesn't take longer than a couple of hours.

Try switching your new phone with the new sim card in, on and off again as it may help the new sim card to connect to the network and complete the change over of your mobile number.

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done that many times, neither phone has any signal worried this isn't going to work 

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since about half 8

Message 4 of 15

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I guess it's a good sign that your old sim has no signal now. Could be a sign its started the process:)

Periodically restart the new one
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

my old sim has had no signal for hours 

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, I understand. slight_frown

There could be a delay/congestion on the network, as there are probably a lot of people over Christmas who have got new phones and are doing sim swaps.

If it's not up and running by tomorrow morning, you can call customer services either using a friend/family member's phone that is on O2 contract free of charge by dialling 202, or from a landline 0844 809 0202, or you could even chat to someone on webchat on the O2 website, just ask them to check your account and make sure the sim swap is processing and that there are no issues.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 7 of 15

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That wasn't what you said in your other thread:/.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me and my sister did ours at the same time and hers has worked

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my sister and I'm her sister, this is my problem 

Message 10 of 15