cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up call forwarding on iphone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because of poor network coverage in my area I want to set up call forwarding so that I stop missing calls.  I have gone into phone settings, call forwarding, then selected 'on' then entered the numbered but there is no facility to set the number ?? Has anyone else managed to get this set up ?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Because of poor network coverage in my area I want to set up call forwarding so that I stop missing calls.  I have gone into phone settings, call forwarding, then selected 'on' then entered the numbered but there is no facility to set the number ?? Has anyone else managed to get this set up ?

I wrote a guide to do with Call Forwarding, perhaps it might be of help to you?

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Call-Forward-icon-keeps-appearing-here-s-the-solution/td-p/363258

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Divert all calls
To activate ** 21 * phone number # SEND

To cancel ## 21 # SEND

To check status * # 21 # SEND

Try that mate. Works for me.

sets up call forwarding network side rather than at the handset. Otherwise you'd need to be able to recieve calls on the handset for it to them divert:)

hope this helps

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Are you payg or pay monthly?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on pay monthly
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks I'll try that slight_smile
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

On my iPhone when I enter the number then return to call forwarding at the top left  then the icon for forwarding is displayed.

but you need to do it when you have a signal

P.s. I asked about Payg as on payg o2 do not support call forwarding.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid it didn't work after all. Just got a list of errors. Tried it again today but still the same result 😞  Have found out Carphone Warehouse offer support to O2 customers in our area as we dont have an O2 store nearby so will try and call in to them & see if they can help. Thanks anyway.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wrote a guide to do with Call Forwarding, perhaps it might be of help to you?

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/Call-Forward-icon-keeps-appearing-here-s-the-solution/td-p/363258

Message 8 of 8