cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratches/Scuffs on new black iPhone 5...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am yet to order my iPhone 5 because I am scared that it will come all scratched etc and O2 and Apple will not send out replacement 'New' phones only refurbs.

Who here has bought a black iPhone 5 that has come with no scratches?

Has anyone recieved theirs with scuffs and scratches?

Apple forums are going mad with this problem!

https://discussions.apple.com/message/20047816#20047816

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a silicone case as i dont want any scratches around the body, I take it off everyday and give it a quick clean to keep it in top condition. slight_smile

Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought mine at an O2 store on release day, no marks on it then and no marks on it now.  It went straight into a cheap silicone case and is now in a clear Gear4 case which protects most of the edges, but not those along the top and bottom of the phone. 

Just collected the new iPod Touch which is currently in the iPhone 5 silicone case until it's own case arrives so let's hope that remains blemish free.

Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am going to stick with the silicone case which covers back and edges, for the screen i have a zagg invisible shield on to protect it slight_smile The apple bumpers caused a couple of little marks around edges on my 4s so going to give them a miss this time.
Message 13 of 25

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I am going to have to get a Zagg shield for mine.  Can you still work the phone well with those protectors?

Samsung S8
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your responses!

I will make sure if I purchase instore to open the box instore and see if their are any scuffs or scratches!

If I upgrade over the phone then it's pot luck and will await a replacement phone if required!

I have ordered my case from SENA and am awaiting delivery.  Wont get the phone until I get my case lol

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/ultraslim-sarach/

Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pickles wrote:

I am going to have to get a Zagg shield for mine.  Can you still work the phone well with those protectors?

Yep you don't even notice it's on mine was fitted in store at cpwh slight_smile 

Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you all for your responses!

I will make sure if I purchase instore to open the box instore and see if their are any scuffs or scratches!

If I upgrade over the phone then it's pot luck and will await a replacement phone if required!

I have ordered my case from SENA and am awaiting delivery.  Wont get the phone until I get my case lol

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-5-cases/ultraslim-sarach/

I think the chances now of getting a scratch or debated model very slim in the latest batches of phones. Not seen any complaints on here or the apple forums of late slight_smile 

Message 17 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting my second replacement sent to me early next week. Guess I'm still in that minority :(...or I just have a serious OCD.

Message 18 of 25

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
OCD is fine when you paying this much:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing wrong with my balck slate iPhone 5. I have not yet used any case for it for over a month, still no single scratch. I have to say thoug, it goes in my pocket where there is nothing else (except air)

Message 20 of 25