cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really shabby customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

After much deliberation over whether or not to give up my legacy iPhone contract with unlimited data I finally decided that I couldnt put up with my 3Gs crashing at random intervals any longer so I preordered an iPhone 5 on the first day possible on the new on and on tarriff. At the time the website was quoting three weeks delivery which was perfect for me as I was actually going on holiday on the day the phones were being released but would be back in plenty of time for the three week delivery estimate

Something made me check on the order the day before I left and I discovered to my horror that delivery had been arranged for the next day! I got straight on the phone to O2 and a very nice person reassaured me that she could reschedule the delivery for October 2nd - the day after I was due home - so off i went - a happy bunny - 10 days in the sun and an iPhone5 the day after I got home.

When i got home I checked the order again and discovered that my order had been cancelled!!! 

When I phoned them on the 2nd they said that all they could do was reorder the phone and I would have to wait. It didn't stop them changing the tarriff over though

So - I'm stuck with a 3Gs that keeps crashing and can't get fixed because they cancelled my original insurance policy at the same time as changing the tariff

I've lost my original unlimited data contract even though thay've sailed to supply my new phone

They won't prioritise my new phone order even though it was their fault the original order was cancelled

Oh - and I drove past a carphone warehouse today - the very people who O2 have decided should supply my new phone - and spotted a poster in the window proudly announcing iPhone 5"s IN STOCK

AND THEY REALLY DON"T CARE

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fourqtwo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The whole launch and tie-in with CPW has been a disaster. You would have thought after so many iphone new model launches that O2 would have learnt and got it right this time. Maybe they thought the co-launch with CPW was the way to go but once again they have got things wrong.

Apple just cannot meet the demand for their new models and therefore the suppliers suffer but ultimately it's the customer that's left disappointed and justifiably deeply annoyed with false promises of supply and delivery dates.

One of the main reasons I would never upgrade on launch day.

I've been having upgrade issues with o2 and spoke with customer service this morning, during the conversation I was told that o2 no longer have access to the iPhone 5 and that although you can order it from o2 the order is then passed to CPW for delivery.

Have o2 fallen out with Apple as from what the o2 CS is saying its the CPW who are calling the shots on pricing and tariffs that are available not, o2.

That wouldnt bother me CPW calling the shots on pricing as they're coming through cheaper. but o2 are charging more for a handset coming from CPW being sold cheaper through them. had i have known i wouldve went direct to CPW... complete nightmare this has been!! however difference in price has been refunded 'apparently' all i have to do now is wait for the **bleep** phone!

Message 22 of 37

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
.....however difference in price has been refunded 'apparently' all i have to do now is wait for the **bleep** phone!

Patience is a virtue....so I've been told!Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update.. Emailed Ronan Dunne on Sunday and got a response from a minion first thing on monday morning saying they'd look into it and that they aim to resolve complaints within five working days! So - we'll see! Will let you know what happens!

Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes - I re-ordered on the 2nd and am just having to wait. I've tried phoning and chasing the order but "there's nothing we can do" 

Oh - and it took them a week after the order was cancelled to get round to refunding my money too! They really don't care how they treat people.

I'd quite like to email the head honcho and tell him my story if I could find his email address

I don't think for a minute that we don't care, but in this case with no stock available to get to you we don't have a choice but to ask you to wait.  You could of course cancel the order and ask for your tariff to be reset?

Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fourqtwo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

The whole launch and tie-in with CPW has been a disaster. You would have thought after so many iphone new model launches that O2 would have learnt and got it right this time. Maybe they thought the co-launch with CPW was the way to go but once again they have got things wrong.

Apple just cannot meet the demand for their new models and therefore the suppliers suffer but ultimately it's the customer that's left disappointed and justifiably deeply annoyed with false promises of supply and delivery dates.

One of the main reasons I would never upgrade on launch day.

I've been having upgrade issues with o2 and spoke with customer service this morning, during the conversation I was told that o2 no longer have access to the iPhone 5 and that although you can order it from o2 the order is then passed to CPW for delivery.

Have o2 fallen out with Apple as from what the o2 CS is saying its the CPW who are calling the shots on pricing and tariffs that are available not, o2.

It isnt anything to do with falling out with apple.  The stores are stocking phones that O2 have purchased from apple.  The business rationale behind the CPW tie-in was that as they had larger stock quantaties than us, it made sense to focus our stock in the stores and used CPW's stock for the online/telesales orders.  CPW also had a similar arrangement with T-Mobile, so its not as if we were alone in doing this.

However, with every iPhone launch, Apple don't send anyone nearly enough phones to meet demand, and this is why delays happen.  There are delays on new stock for a number of reasons which have been reported in the media - riots at thier production factories; quality control stepped up because of batch issues etc.  

No network sets out to let customers down, its not as if we made it an aim to annoy customers, but sometimes we're let down ourselves by things we have no control over.

Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick update.. Emailed Ronan Dunne on Sunday and got a response from a minion first thing on monday morning saying they'd look into it and that they aim to resolve complaints within five working days! So - we'll see! Will let you know what happens!

Glad you got a response!

Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's not just about stock. It's also about how you get treated by CW in comparison to o2. Most people know the answer to that.

A bad mistake.
Message 28 of 37

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It's not just about stock. It's also about how you get treated by CW in comparison to o2. Most people know the answer to that.

A bad mistake.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

Message 29 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I would disagree with that. If the Customer service reps I spoke to actually cared then they would have apologised for their error in cancelling my original order and offered to do something about it. They didn't. Because they don't care. Nobody said sorry. Not once.
Message 30 of 37