cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really shabby customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

After much deliberation over whether or not to give up my legacy iPhone contract with unlimited data I finally decided that I couldnt put up with my 3Gs crashing at random intervals any longer so I preordered an iPhone 5 on the first day possible on the new on and on tarriff. At the time the website was quoting three weeks delivery which was perfect for me as I was actually going on holiday on the day the phones were being released but would be back in plenty of time for the three week delivery estimate

Something made me check on the order the day before I left and I discovered to my horror that delivery had been arranged for the next day! I got straight on the phone to O2 and a very nice person reassaured me that she could reschedule the delivery for October 2nd - the day after I was due home - so off i went - a happy bunny - 10 days in the sun and an iPhone5 the day after I got home.

When i got home I checked the order again and discovered that my order had been cancelled!!! 

When I phoned them on the 2nd they said that all they could do was reorder the phone and I would have to wait. It didn't stop them changing the tarriff over though

So - I'm stuck with a 3Gs that keeps crashing and can't get fixed because they cancelled my original insurance policy at the same time as changing the tariff

I've lost my original unlimited data contract even though thay've sailed to supply my new phone

They won't prioritise my new phone order even though it was their fault the original order was cancelled

Oh - and I drove past a carphone warehouse today - the very people who O2 have decided should supply my new phone - and spotted a poster in the window proudly announcing iPhone 5"s IN STOCK

AND THEY REALLY DON"T CARE

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Liquid - thank you - I'd appreciate that!

Message 11 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd quite like to email the head honcho and tell him my story if I could find his email address

I've sent you a PM

Message 12 of 37

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Beaten to it I see:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

Message 14 of 37

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Let us know how you get on:) I think you have the communities support judging by the tone of replies here:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do!!

Message 16 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Long email to Ronan Dunne composed and sent this morning. Don't suppose it'll achieve much but I live in hope!

I'll let you all know what happens! 

Message 17 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You will get a response but probably from someone in his office. Hope you get some sort of satisfactory resolution.

Message 18 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are upgrading or getting an iphone 5 from o2, they are advising the handsets are coming from carphone warehouse... However o2 are charging you their handset price... check the tariff and phone youre getting on the carphone warehouse site, make sure the deal is identical then compare the handset price. if o2 are charging more, they will credit you back. they have to as they are charging you their price, not the price of the phone provider. I noticed this and they have agreed to credit my account for the difference... little buggers they are!! much love sashy xx

oh my phone and tariff was iphone 5 16gb white on £41 pm

and this was the chat thread about delivery aswell as the price...

Sakshi: Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you.

Sasha Price: http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/choose-tariff/APPLE_IPHONE5_16GB/UPGRADE?clearance=false&d....           this is the link to carphone warehouse, the very last deal is the one ive upgraded through you (o2) you have charged me £50 when the phone is coming from carphone warehouse and theyre charging £30??!! how can you justify this?

Sakshi: Thanks for waiting.

Sakshi: Your order is currently out of stock.

Sakshi: Don't worry, Once in stock it'll be dispatched from our warehouse soon on priority basis.

Sasha Price: you have no iphones in stock?

Sasha Price: or any idea of when you will get stock?

Sakshi: iPhone 5 16 GB is out of stock.

Sakshi: I'm unable to comment when the stock will be available.

Sakshi: Once in stock it'll be dispatched from our warehouse soon on priority basis. You'll receive the notification about the same.

Sakshi: You'll receive it within three to five working days from the date of dispatch.

Sasha Price: no indication on time of stock arrival?

Sasha Price: and can you clarify why the difference in price is this is my main query

Sakshi: I'm unable to comment on the price.

Sasha Price: you cannot tell me my phone is from carphone warehouse yet charge me o2 price... o2 is my network, carphone warehouse is apparently who are sending me the phone

Sasha Price: youre here to help, help me understand why im being charged more?

Sasha Price: i want a 20 credit to the bill youre apparently taking the £50 from as i will not be paying it.

Sakshi: Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you.

Sasha Price: There will be many customers out there upgrading or taking out new contracts through yourselves on that tariff and i was informed by you CARPHONE WAREHOUSE are providing the phone O2 are providing the network... therefore every customer choosing this tariff should pay £30 as thats the carphone warehouse price. I will not be penalised for o2's mis handling of this issue and not having the stock to sell. If you had the stock and i was getting the phone through you i would pay the £50, but i know i'm not... so i wont and i will be informing others too...

Sakshi: I've checked your account and unable to find why you've charged £50if its £30 with carphone warehouse.

Sakshi: If you want to discuss the same, please call our upgrades team on 202 free from your phone.

Sasha Price: ive been charged £50 because thats what o2 charge for that handset price. its being added on to my next bill. but as im told the phone is from cw... i need to understand the difference?1

Sakshi: Please wait, while I check this for you.

Sakshi: Just so you know, the handset cost depends on the tariff you choose.

Sakshi: However, I've discussed your case with my manager.

Sakshi: and got approval to applied a one off credit of £20 to your account.

Sasha Price: yep i know but if you look at the link i sent you (same tariff) and the tariff i picked through you, they are identical... im not paying £20 more. i need to know why you are letting this happen

Sakshi: Once you'll get your order, please contact us.

Sasha Price: Thats great, and i appreciate this, however others will come forward too. i shouldnt have had to do this, o2 shouldve been informing customers of this issue

Sakshi: We'll then apply the necessary credit to your account.

Sasha Price: ...so when my phone arrives, i contact o2 cs and the credit will be added?

Sakshi: Just contact us, when your phone arrives.

Sakshi: We'll then add it to your account as you're a valuable customer.

Sasha Price: thankyou

Sakshi: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Sasha Price: no thats all thanks x

Message 19 of 37

fourqtwo
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The whole launch and tie-in with CPW has been a disaster. You would have thought after so many iphone new model launches that O2 would have learnt and got it right this time. Maybe they thought the co-launch with CPW was the way to go but once again they have got things wrong.

Apple just cannot meet the demand for their new models and therefore the suppliers suffer but ultimately it's the customer that's left disappointed and justifiably deeply annoyed with false promises of supply and delivery dates.

One of the main reasons I would never upgrade on launch day.

I've been having upgrade issues with o2 and spoke with customer service this morning, during the conversation I was told that o2 no longer have access to the iPhone 5 and that although you can order it from o2 the order is then passed to CPW for delivery.

Have o2 fallen out with Apple as from what the o2 CS is saying its the CPW who are calling the shots on pricing and tariffs that are available not, o2.

It is important, when your technical equipment is not the best, to believe there will always be a better race; that is a part of my motivation. Ayrton Senna
fourqtwo (formerly cis01 until username became 'inactive')
Message 20 of 37