cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really shabby customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

After much deliberation over whether or not to give up my legacy iPhone contract with unlimited data I finally decided that I couldnt put up with my 3Gs crashing at random intervals any longer so I preordered an iPhone 5 on the first day possible on the new on and on tarriff. At the time the website was quoting three weeks delivery which was perfect for me as I was actually going on holiday on the day the phones were being released but would be back in plenty of time for the three week delivery estimate

Something made me check on the order the day before I left and I discovered to my horror that delivery had been arranged for the next day! I got straight on the phone to O2 and a very nice person reassaured me that she could reschedule the delivery for October 2nd - the day after I was due home - so off i went - a happy bunny - 10 days in the sun and an iPhone5 the day after I got home.

When i got home I checked the order again and discovered that my order had been cancelled!!! 

When I phoned them on the 2nd they said that all they could do was reorder the phone and I would have to wait. It didn't stop them changing the tarriff over though

So - I'm stuck with a 3Gs that keeps crashing and can't get fixed because they cancelled my original insurance policy at the same time as changing the tariff

I've lost my original unlimited data contract even though thay've sailed to supply my new phone

They won't prioritise my new phone order even though it was their fault the original order was cancelled

Oh - and I drove past a carphone warehouse today - the very people who O2 have decided should supply my new phone - and spotted a poster in the window proudly announcing iPhone 5"s IN STOCK

AND THEY REALLY DON"T CARE

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's terrible news:( I can only imagine your irritation:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 37

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

There really isn't any words for this. What are u doing then now. Have u reordered the iPhone 5.  I really wish O2 would learn from all these iphone issues, they get worse each year. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The whole launch and tie-in with CPW has been a disaster. You would have thought after so many iphone new model launches that O2 would have learnt and got it right this time. Maybe they thought the co-launch with CPW was the way to go but once again they have got things wrong.

Apple just cannot meet the demand for their new models and therefore the suppliers suffer but ultimately it's the customer that's left disappointed and justifiably deeply annoyed with false promises of supply and delivery dates.

One of the main reasons I would never upgrade on launch day.

Message 4 of 37

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Got to agree the "collaboration" with CPW has really let O2 down even more this year.

I must admit I am very upset that I have to deal with CPW for the next two years:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In my wildest dreams I would never buy from CPW. The dealings I have had with them in the past have been fraught with problems.

Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I re-ordered on the 2nd and am just having to wait. I've tried phoning and chasing the order but "there's nothing we can do" 

Oh - and it took them a week after the order was cancelled to get round to refunding my money too! They really don't care how they treat people.

I'd quite like to email the head honcho and tell him my story if I could find his email address

Message 7 of 37

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Agreed when I took out the upgrade I couldn't find mention of O2 acting as a subsidiary of CPW 😞 figured they were just supplying extra phones to O2 at a cost, believed that's why they were a slight premium over CPW:(
Message 8 of 37

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Magoo there is someone on these forums who has it ill hunt them down for you
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and don't even start me ranting about carphone warehouse - when I first got my first iPhone I had to be moved from a Carphone Warehouse O2 contract to an O2 direct contract. They said it would be seamless and problem free BUT they managed to give O2 details of a bank account that had been closed FIVE YEARS previously!!!

Message 10 of 37