cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving image attachments with messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help please - new to O2 community and new to iPhone 5. I'm assured messages are being sent to my phone (from a Nokia) with attached photo's.  Nothing is getting through - neither text message nor attached image. Would be very grateful for advice. Many thanks.

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes the router is irrelevant:smileyhappy:

On your phoe,

Settings

General

Cellular Data

Then scroll to bottom and choose Reset/Reset network settings.

Reboot your phone (switch off/on:smileyhappy:)

Try sending yourself a picture.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Do you have a standard data bolton or iphone data?

What APN settings do you have?

Do you have mobile data switched on?

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your very prompt reply. Now I really do feel totally inadequate since I don't know what your questions mean  ... ouch! Can you point me in the right direction ... my iPhone is on, wish I was! Thanks

Message 3 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will have a data bolt on but the settings are different for iphone and standard data. Is this a new contract or have you just transferred a current contract over?

If you go into settings/general and make sure mobile data or cellular data is 'on'.

Check the APN settings. settings/general/APN. see images below which are for a standard data bolt on. If you check in My O2 it will tell you which bolt on you have.

If you have idata bolt on then change the APNs to idata.o2.co.uk

iphone APNs.PNGiphone APN.PNG

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have recently transferred from Galaxy (with O2) to iPhone. Contract continues the same.

Cellular data is on.

Data appearing on your illustrations is identical to mine, except your images are titled "Mobile Data" on the top line, mine appear as Cellular. Is this alright ?

Am very grateful for your (on-going!) support.

DavidRoy

Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They are the right settings you have then.

Switch wifi off and then try sending yourself a mms and let us know how that goes. Leave mobile data on though.

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done as suggested ... managed a brief message with attached photo ...when "Send" is initiated, the message "Not delivered" appears. Have tried several times. ?

Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Text MMS to 1010 to make sure mms is set up on the system. This can take 24 hours. If you still can't send and receive you may have to contact customer service to have mms removed and then replaced onto your account.

As a last measure, you can reset your settings by going into settings/general/cellular data and scroll to the bottom and select 'reset network'. Then reboot the phone and try sending yourself another mms. Make sure the picture isn't too large.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

In awe of your kind patience!  Have sent short text to 1010 and it appeared to trasmit. The message appeared in a green "bubble" on RHS of screen.

However, when I tried to attached a photo and then send (1010) a meassage appeared under the text / photo "Not delivered".

DavidRoy

Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry, I possibly didn't explain that last post properly.

Just type 'MMS' as an ordinary text message and send it to 1010. You won't be able to send a picture message to that number as it's just a system unit of O2.

Message 10 of 19