cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on iPad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a no service message about my o2 3G for a few days now. I've tried turning the iPad on and off but that didn't work. I've checked service in my area on the website and it shows its ok. Any ideas please?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think its like the iphone.

Settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Another option is to replace your current Sim Card by picking up a blank Sim Card from your local 02 shop, or ask for one to be posted to you.

Then carry out the SwapMySim procedure.

I have included the link to do this.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Take into account it takes from approx 2 hours to 24 hours to fully activate, and by turning your phone off and on throughout this period helps to reset your services.

Also even though the site is showing allis fine with the mast you can still challange the result by ringing 02 and ask them to have it checked out.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
have you tried all the usuals like cleaning the sim resetting the ipad etc
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hadn't thought of cleaning the SIM, will give that a go. How do I reset the iPad please? Thanks for your help
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think its like the iphone.

Settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Another option is to replace your current Sim Card by picking up a blank Sim Card from your local 02 shop, or ask for one to be posted to you.

Then carry out the SwapMySim procedure.

I have included the link to do this.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Take into account it takes from approx 2 hours to 24 hours to fully activate, and by turning your phone off and on throughout this period helps to reset your services.

Also even though the site is showing allis fine with the mast you can still challange the result by ringing 02 and ask them to have it checked out.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's great thanks very much I'm sure you've given me enough to take it from here.😊
Message 5 of 5