cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iPhone 5s No Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope this is the right place..

I received my iPhone 5s, inserted sim, followed all instructions and still it says 'No Service'. The instructions from o2 state after iphone is activated tap 'General', 'Settings' then 'About' and I'll automatically be asked to update carrier settings but this hasn't happened and I have received no prompt or message.

Have I missed a part? My iphone 4 is still working fine. How can I transfer it over..?

Help!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my iPhone 5s, inserted sim, followed all instructions and still it says 'No Service'. The instructions from o2 state after iphone is activated tap 'General', 'Settings' then 'About' and I'll automatically be asked to update carrier settings but this hasn't happened and I have received no prompt or message.

Have I missed a part? My iphone 4 is still working fine. How can I transfer it over..?

Help!

IS your iphone 4 still using the same o2 account?

If so you will need to transfer the service to the nano sim.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hook upto iTunes and press on the device name. Then hit the button in the main panel saying check for updates to carry out any updates.

Or go into settings , general , software update.

However it can take 24 hours for your sim swap to fully activate.

Keep turning the phone off and on to help reset o2's services.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Help!

IS your iphone 4 still using the same o2 account?

If so you will need to transfer the service to the nano sim.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! After a sim swap problem solved!

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome.

Glad you are all sorted.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I upgraded my iPhone 5 to a iPhone 5S today and at first it seemed simple. I already had a nano sim so there was no need to carry out the sim swap, however after putting my sim into my new phone every few hours I keep loosing signal and it just says 'no service' although I still have my wifi signal. The only way I have been able to get my signal back is to remove my sim and re-insert it, but this only lasts for a short while and obviously it is not ideal for me to have to remove my sim every few hours. I can't think of what else I can do, can anyone help me??

Thanks 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Put the sum back in the 5 and see if it still loses signal. Of so it could be a network issue. If not, try syncing 5s to iTunes to see if it helps otherwise it could be faulty.
Also try turning off 4g in network settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions