cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nanosim not activating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Can anybody help me? I activated my new sim at about 7pm last night, I had to use the text service as the web one wouldn't accept my sim number.

When i went to bed my old sim was still active and my new one not, so i thought nothing of it. Now however, my old sim has deactivated but the new nano sim still isn't active.

I know they said it can take 24 hrs but they also said once the old sim has deactivated the new one will work, but it doesn't. It's a bit ridiculous that I am now without a phone service.

I have tried rebooting the Iphone 5 to no avail, also tried putting the sim in my iphone 4 but still no service.

Anyone have any ideas? anyone at 02 able to help? I'm concerned my nano is faulty and I can't be without my phone for a few days. Help?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It hasn't been 24 hours yet my friend. Try calling your mobile from another phone see if it goes through.

Just reset your i5 every hour or so and you should be fine by the end of the day:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried ringing it and it's telling me the number is not recognised, which concerns me Smiley Frustrated

But will follow your advice and keep trying and resetting, hopefully will be ok in 6 and a half hours slight_frown

Message 3 of 29

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Let us know how you get on
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, I tried swapping the sim this morning and now I have no signal on either of my phones.

I also found (I'm guessing because my nanosim has not been registered with my number) none of my texts, photos etc from my old phone appear on my iPhone 5 after I sync it to iTunes.

Are you having this problem as well?

Message 5 of 29

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The syn is a separate issue. Do you back up to iCloud? If so that where the majority of your data is not on iTunes.

Please don't swap sims about each phone has a different imie number and your sim will be tied to the number.

How long have you been waiting for my friend?
Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I back up to iTunes.

When I said swapping sims, I meant using the text service to transfer my number from the old sim to the new one.

I've been waiting 12 hours.

Message 7 of 29

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have you tried restoring the 5 from a backup of your old phone? Should give you back your messages and so on.

Sorry I misread your first post.
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

The sim swap can take up to 24 hours with o2 having problems yesterday and today it might take longer, Once you txt  to swap sim your old sim card  is cancelled.

Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I chose the option to "Restore from iTunes Backup" when setting up the phone but it only synced my contacts. How do I get it to sync my photos, videos, apps, text messages etc?

Thanks for your help so far by the way!
Message 10 of 29