cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name change

Anonymous
Not applicable

My girlfriends phone is registered by name only to her ex, who i might add is not being very cooperative presently. All phone and personal details are mine together with all billing. How can i get his name changed to mine within my personal details page???

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cut your losses and give the phone back and stop payments from your bank account.

I'm betting her ex won't want the extra bill to pay each month and co operate.

If not then just start a new contract and choose a new phone.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Only the contract holder can do that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cut your losses and give the phone back and stop payments from your bank account.

I'm betting her ex won't want the extra bill to pay each month and co operate.

If not then just start a new contract and choose a new phone.
Message 3 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree with that, a note to the ex saying the payments will be cancelled should produce some action. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Am I the only person who won't pay a gfs bill haha.

But yes if he's the contract holder the payments are his problem cancel your and hell suddenly become very cooperative if he understands what a credit rating is:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
if the account still has time left to run you won't be able to change the name.

At the end of the contract, you would take an account out in your own name, your ex would call (with you being present) to cancel his/her account and authorise a number transfer to you.

Only way it can be done.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice is sell the phone, pay the remainder of the contract, then take out a new contract in your name instead of waiting until the contract is up

Message 7 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I wouldn't sell the phone. Technically if the contracts in his name its his phone he could prove to be a nasty little bugger and claim theft even though he hasn't paid anything:(.

Another option is to start a new contract and let him know you have stopped paying the contract if he'd like the phone back to arrange payments and collection.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 8