cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SIM (works on another phone) doesn't work in my iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here might be abhle to help me, since I went to 3 different O2 shops and nobody could help me (to be honest I didn't feel like anyone was willing to help me)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on O2

I have a brand new iPhone 4 which is locked on O2.

My O2 SIM card works perfectly fine in my Galaxy Nexus.

My O2 SIM card (same one as above) does NOT work in my iPhone 4. I get "No Service" (so it does detect there is a SIM, since I don't get the "No SIM card Installed" message)

I have had my SIM card swapped already. Same result. The guy in the shop tried HIS SIM card, which he took out of a Blackberry Z10. This did NOT work. So of course they blame the phone.

HOWEVER: I took the O2 SIM card of a co-worker and this DID WORK. This came out of an iPhone.

This is the ONLY SIM card I managed to get working with this iPhone... I tried mine, the guy at the O2 shop, I swapped my SIM card, I borrowed a couple of other O2 SIM cards from friends and co-workers. None of them worked, except that one SIM card.... I tried other O2 SIM cards from iPhones, and none of them work....

So do you think it really is the phone that's faulty? Why would it work with that one SIM card?

Does anybody have ANY idea what is going on, or what I can do? I could go to the Apple store and see if they can replace it... but do you really think this will help?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Take the sim to an o2 store and ask them to do a SIM swap to a new microsim, and try that. They'll do it free of charge!

Message 11 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Take the sim to an o2 store and ask them to do a SIM swap to a new microsim, and try that. They'll do it free of charge!

It helps to read the thread before offering advice like that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It helps to read the thread before offering advice like that.

Next time read the post rather than just the title of the thread 

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestions guys, I managed to get an appointment at the Apple store on Monday so I'll let you know how that goes slight_smile

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get top customer service there & more than likely probably come out with a new phone 

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Status update:

Went to Apple store today and after swapping the phone it's working fine.

Turns out the phone I had was locked on ATT... no idea why... which makes that one working O2 SIM a complete mystery..... but I'm not gonna waste my time thinking about it, the main thing is that my SIM is now recognised.

Thanks for all the help guys

Message 16 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to read you've sorted this out.

Bit of a mystery !