cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from "O2UK"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just recieved a message on my iPhone from "O2UK". 

The message reads:

"O2: Welcome to O2. Tap http://go.o2url.com/istart to get set up on your iPhone."

I've had the iPhone 5 on contract with this SIM since it was released a few weeks back which is why I'm sceptial as to what this message is.... My iPhone is working fine. 

Texts I normally recieve from O2 just come into my phone as "O2" not "O2UK"

Does anyone know if this is a) Genuine, b) what the "set up" im being requested to do actually is/does?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

The link is safe to click on if you're curious....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

If phone is working OK just delete/ignore the message. It it probably just phone settings that are needed for internet, MMS etc....

Edit: It directs you to help pages.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wondered if O2 had possibly changed some settings or something and this was a new configuration of some kind? 

Like you say though, everything is working ok so probably best not to follow the link. 

I did't recieve one of these messages when I first got my iPhone however, so unless O2 put all the correct settings in I wonder if my phone is maybe missing something?

Voice Mail, Internet, Phone, Text all work fine. As for MMS im not too sure since I only use iMessage.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

The link is safe to click on if you're curious....

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I have received text from O2, O2UK and O2More and one from an 07800 number all genuine O2 ones as far as I could tell.

Samsung S8
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the texts I have recieved from o2 have been from O2UK

Message 6 of 6