cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I have a 500mb data limit on my I-phone (3GS) so am careful about my usage when not at home using my WiFi connection. For some reason this month I have used a huge chunk of this (only have 60mb or so left) but have not downloaded or watched streaming stuff.

One particularly big chunk was on 1st October (when I was at home with WiFi) which was 284mb!

The only big download I did this month was the IOS6 upgrade but again, I was at home for that so am at a bit of a loss as to where all this data is going!!

Any ideas?

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Many users are reporting similar issues (see the iPhone section). You need to report it to O2 (call 202) and hopefully they will investigate. It seems it is an issue with iOS6.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Many users are reporting similar issues (see the iPhone section). You need to report it to O2 (call 202) and hopefully they will investigate. It seems it is an issue with iOS6.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

There is another thread related to your issue. You might want to take a look at it.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-5-iOS6-massive-data-usage/td-p/309...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys, I have moved this to the iOS section slight_smile

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's great. Thanks very much!
Message 5 of 5