cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to unbar an iphone 4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to unbar the iphone 4 by o2 without the orginal owners details? i bought one and the last owner wasnt the orginal owner(he has no contact), i need help 😞

I could provide proof of a buy with detailed informations about seller,buyer

I will pay if necessary, no problem

I have also international sim (payngo) and this works, ive tried unlocking form also, but with no luck.

All i want is phone that i paid for.

Help someone please.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it has been barred, there must be a reason, stolen or lost. Sounds like you may have been conned

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You just need to use the phone with your SIM on the UK O2 network, then have £15 credit on the phone and fill in the unlock form.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried and i get this message....
I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your iPhone at this time.
The reason given is: The Mobile Number provided has not been registered
to the IMEI provided
Thank you
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have definately used the phone on O2 in the UK with the number you are putting on the unlock form and have correctly entered the IMEI number then you need to call CS on 4445 to check what details they have of the phone. You used the word "barred" I am assuming you mean "Unlock". If barred the phone is useless on any network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it has been barred, there must be a reason, stolen or lost. Sounds like you may have been conned

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree.

If the imei has been blocked then that would only be connected to a lost or stolen iphone or the original owner has defaulted on their contract somehow.

Only the original owner can uplift the imei through the network that has blocked it.

The uk imei block holds only in the uk hence why your international sim works in it.

If you put=rchased through flea bay then lodge a dispute.

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

it wont get unbarred though as once it has been barred, the phone is useless 

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You get a reasonably good mp3 player wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

very true, didnt think of that & a good internet mobile as well

Message 9 of 14

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm get your money back and flog it as an iPod:) win win
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 10 of 14