cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone Se

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
Hoping to upgrade from my 8gb 5c to a SE but struggling to know what memory to go for. I'm maxed out on my 5c but not a huge app user. Wondering if 16gb will suffice? Wanting to keep costs down if possible but don't want to be in position where I run out again!
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The problem you have with the SE is the choice of either 16 or 64gb.
32gb is ideal and apple know that 16 is too small, so they force customers into the much more expensive 64gb.
If it really is the SE you want, you'll have to go for the 64gb or keep your photos, videos and music to an absolute minimum stored on the phone.
If you do go for 16gb I'd make sure I had a good data plan or have access to wifi most of the time to access content you have stored on cloud services to save phone space.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The problem you have with the SE is the choice of either 16 or 64gb.
32gb is ideal and apple know that 16 is too small, so they force customers into the much more expensive 64gb.
If it really is the SE you want, you'll have to go for the 64gb or keep your photos, videos and music to an absolute minimum stored on the phone.
If you do go for 16gb I'd make sure I had a good data plan or have access to wifi most of the time to access content you have stored on cloud services to save phone space.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You have a choice between 16GB or 64GB so it's down to you and your usage.(which we don't know) Personally..if there is no massive difference between the price I would recommend the higher of those two.....although the 16GB may be enough for your needs.

Welcome to the forum by the way..Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Personally..if there is no massive difference between the price I would recommend the higher of those two.....

Around £70 on retail price......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Bear in mind that with the 16GB model, you lose at least 4GB to the operating system so you are buying a 12GB phone in essence. If possible go for the 64GB version. Too much is way better than not enough.

Some advice here :

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/03/16gb-64gb-iphone-se-storage-capacity.html

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much all. Will see difference in price!
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Good idea @Anonymous About £70-80 from what's been said...Let us know which model you go for...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if you don't want 64GB but 32GB will suffice then look at the 6s

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions