cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 Working with Ford's SYNC Bluetooth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Was wondering if anyone has a Ford Fiesta 14 plate that has an Iphone 6 or 6+ since I'm wondering if the issue with the bluetooth connecting to the SYNC radio has been fixed or not. Does the connection drop out when someone is trying to call you and you try to pick up through the button on the steering wheel? Or does it not call when you want to use the SYNC options.

Only asking because I'm interested in getting an Iphone 6 however I'm really not interested if I can't use the bluetooth options with my Ford SYNC since my Andriod does the perfect job right now. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might be best to ask the Ford dealership as they should have a list of compatible devices

Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They will say it is compatible but that list won't mention the dropout bug....
Stick to Android - at least it works slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that iphone 6's are compatible with Fords. The issue is the fact that Bluetooth use to work with previous Iphones with the SYNC/Bluetooth radios in cars for calls/texts but ever since they came out with the 6 there was a massive issue with the actual connection to cars as they changed the way the Bluetooth was done on the new Iphones. 

Going to the dealer will do nothing as they know/I know it works. Both Apple and Ford themselves aren't owning up to the fact a lot of people are having issues with the Bluetooth calling/text incomes on cars. Then again, you have people who say there's nothing wrong with their phone. 

I'm just wondering how many people have had issues with this as I'm super interested in getting a new iPhone but I don't want to get one just to have issues with the fact it would drop my calls or something while driving. 

Message 4 of 10

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I have a 14 plate Ford Fiesta with SYNC and I have no problems with my iPhone 6. Works fine, no dropped calls (other than where O2 has no coverage), call transfer between the SYNC system and my phone with the press of the button on the radio system).

Text reading works too, the only missing feature is the ability to reply to texts from the SYNC system
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just swapped from a Samsung Galaxy to iPhone 6 as I was fed up with all the issues I had with making calls. Today I discovered my iPhone 6 is not working properly with Ford sync. It plays music ok although some tracks are very quiet but when I make a hands free call I can talk to the caller for a few seconds then they can't hear me, they sound like they are sat next to me but suddenly they can't hear a word from me. I then have to pick up my phone and switch to the phones loudspeaker to continue the call or not make calls!!!!!!apart from this I love the phone but if I can't make hands free calls then what's the point???? I've phoned my local ford garage who just said book it in and we will have a look. Any ideas???
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Make sure your cars software is updated by the garage, but other than that there have been a few issues reported with iPhones and Ford Sync - Apple are supposed to be addressing it so maybe something coming in iOS9 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No such problems with either Samsung (S3 and Note 3) with my Ford Kuga...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous which version of Sync do you have (might be better to know which car you have) as there are currently 2 versions in the UK market, Sync 1, and Sync 2. Sync 2 is the touch screen version which controls A/C etc also
Message 9 of 10

Mark_1980
  • 128 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:
@Anonymous which version of Sync do you have (might be better to know which car you have) as there are currently 2 versions in the UK market, Sync 1, and Sync 2. Sync 2 is the touch screen version which controls A/C etc also

If it's a '14 plate Fiesta then it'll be SYNC 1.

I don't care what rank I am and neither should anyone else.
Message 10 of 10