cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5. Insurance or no insurance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, people with or getting the iphone5, whats the general consensus on the insurance? have most people got it and if so, is it through o2 or another insurer

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got my iphone 5 two weeks ago and got 2 weeks free insurance with O2. I was going to cancel it on Sunday but before I did I managed to drop my phone:( and the screen smashed!!!!! Thank god I had the 2 week insurance!! Its going to cost me £60 excess but well worth having it. Banks usually do an insurance too - RBS royalties - if you pay a monthly fee
Message 11 of 19

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
In 19 yrs. I have never dropped drowned scratched or lost a phone.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 12 of 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Wow I envy you:( I've done all multiple times:( even melted one haha. Gas hob + nearby iPhone makes horrible smell:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Last week was the first time in nearly 17 years that I damaged a phone. Also the first ever time I've had insurance out!! freaky or what. I just checked my home insurance and it covers iphones aswell so maybe check that first to save you paying out for something you already have
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PiedPiper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I took out the insurance with cpwh just to get a free shield for my iPhone 5 free slight_smile the first payment was due out today but it Wont happen as I cancelled the direct debit. 

I don't want to alarm you but it sounds to me that just cancelling your direct debit isn't good enough.  I'm no expert but I would have though that you needed to actually cancel the policy. Did you?

I'd hate to think of you being persued for non-payment and then ending up with a marker on your credit rating !!

Once the payment fails the policy is then cancelled, The only good thing about the cpwh is the 60 excess fee.

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys still not got insurance times running out, think il go third party upside_down
Message 16 of 19

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Have you recieved your insurance pack from CPW yet? They have worded it so badly allows them to get out of paying for a lot of things:(

They declined me years ago when I tried to claim for a busted screen (I didn't lie) I was doing a stock count and left my phone on the back bar at the end someone started the music and it vibrated off the counter.

They claimed that because I had left it unattended and it wasn't in my possession at the time of damage they wouldn't cover it:(

Two days later they get a claim for a "stolen" phone "so someone stole your phone that you broke two days ago and we wouldn't cover sir?"

"Yes and I challenge you to prove otherwise"

"Very good sir, here's your claim number"

Win^^
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a shame o2 are not offering the insurance, The only good thing about the cpwh is the £60 excess fee and the all also insure all other gadgets for a extra £2.50 a month. Your better checking reviews for  sites that offer phone insurance. slight_smile

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi@liquid and penny123, I have checked my house insurance and my phones covered for accidental damage and if it gets nicked out of my house which is cool, also insured via my bank account, though will read the extra small prints on both. If its too conspicious il just look online @protectmyveryexpensivephonethatihavehadtowaitforandahalfweeksforsopleasedontmessmearoundifitbreaks.com

Message 19 of 19