cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5. Insurance or no insurance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, people with or getting the iphone5, whats the general consensus on the insurance? have most people got it and if so, is it through o2 or another insurer

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a shame o2 are not offering the insurance, The only good thing about the cpwh is the £60 excess fee and the all also insure all other gadgets for a extra £2.50 a month. Your better checking reviews for  sites that offer phone insurance. slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've got it through another insurer. Unfortunately because your an online customer like myself you'll have to insure through carphone warehouse 😞 (they'll call you soon) I won't touch CPW insurance with a barge poll!

Bad experiences myself
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 19

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I don't have insurance! Smiley Surprised *Wraps phone in cottton wool*

Does Apple care cover phones?  Is that too expensive compared to other insurers?  I have to say I am with Liquid, I would not take out insurance with Carphone Warehouse!

Samsung S8
Message 3 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Always check to see whether your home insurance covers personal items. If not they can usually add it for a small premium. Mine is covered through my bank current account.

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took out the insurance with cpwh just to get a free shield for my iPhone 5 free slight_smile the first payment was due out today but it Wont happen as I cancelled the direct debit. 

Message 5 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I took out the insurance with cpwh just to get a free shield for my iPhone 5 free slight_smile the first payment was due out today but it Wont happen as I cancelled the direct debit. 

Did you get the shield to keepSmiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you get the shield to keepSmiley Very Happy

Haha yep Jonsie the even put it on in store for me saved me £23 slight_smile 

Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was a good deal for me and a bad one for cpwh haha slight_smile
Message 9 of 19

PiedPiper
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't want to alarm you but it sounds to me that just cancelling your direct debit isn't good enough.  I'm no expert but I would have though that you needed to actually cancel the policy. Did you?

I'd hate to think of you being persued for non-payment and then ending up with a marker on your credit rating !!

Message 10 of 19