cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 6.0.2 Firmware - iPhone 5 - Battery Draining

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Many have been complaining of the iPhone 5 battery draining much faster with this new firmware.

I am yet to update but have many people noticed that their batteries are draining much faster?

Cheers

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple are often vague with any software updates, often fixing many issues but only giving a breif description of this fix in any publically available documents.

However there was/still is an issue with WiFi and Cell usage, in that you think your on wifi but in the phone is still using the cell network. (This should have been addressed in .1) the current fix for Wifi might relate to the same problem.

My battery life is very good using .2 release. But my wifes isnt so good, but shes always using it, 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My battery doesn't seem to be draining any faster than it did on 6.0.1

Message 2 of 7

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

My battery also seems to be fine on iOS 6.0.2

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok cool thanks.

Did you guys require this wifi fix that IOS 6.0.2 was created for?
Message 4 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What was the wifi fix? I'm unaware of a wifi issue. The description was vague at best.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple are often vague with any software updates, often fixing many issues but only giving a breif description of this fix in any publically available documents.

However there was/still is an issue with WiFi and Cell usage, in that you think your on wifi but in the phone is still using the cell network. (This should have been addressed in .1) the current fix for Wifi might relate to the same problem.

My battery life is very good using .2 release. But my wifes isnt so good, but shes always using it, 🙂

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still get the usual 1.5 days usage even after the update to 6.0.2.

Try not to read too much into all the Internet chatter !!
Message 7 of 7