Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 10

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

hey guys just asking what are your wishes for iOS 10 what new stuff would you like to see with it. 

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I've been reading a bit more on the Universal Clipboard @Anonymous, sounds like a good new feature that I'll use like you.

When you fund out more about the iOS, let us all know! slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

In case anyone thinks I was being dismissive of these new features I wasn't.... I read an interesting article by PC World which is very positive about the new things included in iOS 10. I decided to share it.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

I've been reading a bit more on the Universal Clipboard @Anonymous, sounds like a good new feature that I'll use like you.

When you fund out more about the iOS, let us all know! slight_smile

Found out last night that the "Slide To Unlock" feature (that has been with us since day 1 of the iPhone) has been removed. Up until iOS 9, a slide from the left either unlocked your iPhone or brought up the keypad to enable you to enter your PIN.

The reason for this it's removal is. With iOS 10, a slide to the left brings up the widget page. The widgets that used to occupy the notification centre, now have a seperate page, which I think is a good, idea, gives them more space to show their information.

Also with iOS 10, a swipe from the right now launches the Camera. I really like this feature, because for the last few versions of iOS (and since Touch ID came out), the quick access to the camera was got through swiping up on its little icon on the lock screen. And with Touch ID working so fast on the new iPhone's, you didnt have chance to use the quick access to the camera feature, as you got shot past it and onto your Home Screen.

Lastly, the "Slide To Unlock has gone". Instead you press the Home Button, which then reads you print and gets you onto your Home Screen (as it did in iOS 9 and before). But with iOS 10, when Touch ID doesnt work, or if you have had you iPhone switched off or you have an older iPhone that does not have Touch ID, you press  the Home Button, and this then brings up the keypad (to enter your PIN), thus removing one extra step (Slide To Unlock). Personally I like this new way, I'm ok with anything that removes a step/makes for a faster way slight_smile

I'll add a You Tube link to a video I found on You Tube, demonstrating what I've mentioned above:

Message 23 of 57

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Don't know if it's a known problem but I can't sign in to the community via the My O2 app. I'm running the iOS 10 public beta on an iPhone 5s, tapping the sign in button doesn't do anything except briefly say 'loading' but not doing anything. No error message or blank screen, even when pressed multiple times.
Don't know if it'd make any difference but Touch ID doesn't work on that particular iPhone after I broke the original Touch ID cable when changing a broken screen.
Message 24 of 57

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It works fine on android so hopefully someone with an iphone can report back. Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Message 25 of 57

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It might need tweaking to work with 10.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 57

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Sammy_boy,

Try again today when you're awake and let us know. I'll be sure to discuss it with the tram if you're still having trouble.

Get involved:

Message 27 of 57

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've tried again today with the same result, haven't had chance to uninstall and reinstall the app but will try that after work. It logs in fine though via the browser on the 5s, just not via My O2. Cheers Toby! slight_smile
Message 28 of 57

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Ok, thanks for the update! Try an uninstall/reinstall later and if you still have trouble, I'll make sure the app team are aware.

Get involved:

Message 29 of 57

Sammy_boy
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just tried an uninstall/reinstall, still the same, won't let me sign in. Noticed though it didn't ask for my login details after reinstalling, just my pin then straight into my account. Don't know if I should have signed out or cleared caches first.
Message 30 of 57