cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to close my bolt on ,'the works for iphone ' and change to 'the ultimate'. How?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the o2 website it says you can change bolt ons on MY O2 but no success. I want to upgrade my monthly bolt on 'the works for iphone' to 'the ultimate for iphone' to get more data (1GB to 2GB). Any ideas how without going on the phone to customer services for hours.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The only bolt ons available to you will be shown under the tariff section of your MyO2.
I'm not even sure if "The Works" and "Ultimate" bolt ons are still available anymore.
Calling CS may be your only option or try live chat http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
The Works, and Ultimate have been discontinued, there are new bolt ons to replace these now
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, thought so....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they were gone as most tariffs are over a 1GB data anyway 

Message 5 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to this The Works and Ultimate bolt on are still available?

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/bolt-ons

If this info is wrong then it needs changing @Toby?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. It is still available on the website and it tells you to add it on 'MyO2'. But for some reason it will not allow me to do it. I have tried Live Chat, but they have just said that I have to ring customer services.

Looks like a long phone call......

Message 7 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is my concern @Anonymous. Others think it isn't available which could be the reason why you can't add it. However, if thats the case then the website link I posted above needs changing asap. @Toby @Martin-O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The works bolt ons were out around 2012.
I've never seen them since until you posted that link above.
Like I already said anyway, if it doesn't show as available in your MyO2 you can't add it as some of them were tariff dependent.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

All I am saying is... if they are no longer available then the information needs updating.

Anyone googling it, as I did, will think they can still get them applied

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18