cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use my text allowance on my iPad Pro

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have 100 text on my tariff but can’t use it. How do I use my text on my iPad Pro

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As already stated there is no way to use the included 100 text allowance on an iPad all methods described will use your phones allowance and not the iPad allowance 

this is due to no native sms app on the iPad 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can’t send texts on a non cellular device 

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 20gb data and 100 text. Inserted my o2 sim got the data not the text

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You can use them via iMessage or the TU app from my research 

Message 4 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
If you already have a phone contract with o2 you can register for Tugo with your phone number, otherwise you can’t use your text allowances unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
You can send texts from your iPad if you've an iPhone and both are connected to the same wireless hotspot. I've done this with mine with no problem.
Message 6 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As already stated there is no way to use the included 100 text allowance on an iPad all methods described will use your phones allowance and not the iPad allowance 

this is due to no native sms app on the iPad 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 12

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
My apologies I must have misread the post, yes my advice would use your iPhones allowance, not the iPad's allowance.
Message 8 of 12

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, 

Please let us know if that’s what you needed and if there’s anything else we can do for you.

Thanks a lot @adamtemp64@Sammy_boy, @Anonymous and @MI5 for your help and advice. You all are Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 9 of 12

Kelaanbr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My iPad Pro is a cellular version. It has its own phone number attached? I was sold the contract on the basis of 100 messages being included in the plan. I am not able to either send or receive texts however. This is making it impossible for me to upgrade as I have to get a code from a text they send to confirm it’s my account. I’ve put the sim into another device and into a working phone but it makes no difference. My iPad Pro does have a messages app. I can only think that it is the sim that is restricting the cellular usage. It’s incredibly frustrating and really wrong that they aren’t providing the service I’ve been paying for and they refuse to do anything about it. I’ve called them umpteen times about this issue, chatted with them via the app and even emailed the query. Their only response is to put the sim into a phone. They refuse to accept that I have and that it doesn’t work. They shrug their shoulders and suggest visiting a store; which I clearly can’t during lockdown! Being that the op asked this question back in 2017, and 3 years later it’s still going on, an actual solution would be very much appreciated.
Message 10 of 12