O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

Help starting with the iphone5

im just backing up my old iPhone to the cloud so that I can use this to install onto new iPhone.    Will it bring everything over including apps in their folders?

im scared of losing everything. 

Thanks

Level 44: Clearly Talented

Re: Help starting with the iphone5

Cloud won't do app or songs Unfortunatly. Back up to iTunes making sure you sync everything to your computer and then use that back up to move to your iPhone 5Smiley Happy.

If you need anymore help feel free to ask more questions. I haven't got mine yet so I'm rather bored haha
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Topics: 13
Kudos: 162
Solutions: 79

Liquid, good to see you chipping in with help and advice Smiley Happy

I used to work for O2. I don't any more.

I stand corrected I'm sure when I checked the other day apps and music weren't supported haha. Either way I reccomend useing iTunesSmiley Happy
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink

I'm trying Smiley Happy its nice to get questions that stump me then I can go find a solution I learn from helping its a win winSmiley Happy
Level 5: Ponderer

Loobs wrote:

im just backing up my old iPhone to the cloud so that I can use this to install onto new iPhone.    Will it bring everything over including apps in their folders?

Thanks

Backing up to iCloud will result in slowest restore...

When you restore, it'll bring back settings and folder sets etc but then individually redownload the apps from Apple.

Given their servers are busy that will take a long time.

I would recommend backing up to iTunes and using that to restore as it installs the apps from the local computer copies via USB rather than download... it'll also resync media

The iCloud/iTunes backup does keep all app locations, data and settings so you're ok on that front but right now its a bad time to restore from iCloud as they're are millions of devices potentially all doing the same Smiley Happy

iPhone5s 32GB Space Grey
Twitter: @highlightshadow
Level 4: Observant

[ Edited ]

Loobs wrote:

Thanks

just plug it into itunes and sync that way. wont the cloud be restricted by bandwidth?

anyway, yeah, it brings everything back over. apps, photos, songs, all your settings, texts etc.

when you first plug it into itunes it has 2 options, setting it up as a new phone or restore from backup. simply restore from backup. it doesnt take long