cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP HELP HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable

my boss has loads of different contracts  with 02, one of them ends in april and he doesn’t use it,he has given the phone to me as a present, i am really struggling to get this iphone unlocked so i can use on my network! Is it possible to unlock this phone to all networks even tho there is 4 months left on the contract?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Here you go. It's best to full in info with your bosses information. (With his approval of course)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Yes of course it's all good don't worry:)

Have you filled in the unlocking form?

It will most likly be best to get your boss to do the unlock.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply slight_smile yer me and my boss went into the store and they took the imei number of the iphone and did something on there system. but they didnt realy say much on if they could deffo do it because its still on contract

Message 3 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
As long as the imei is tied to a contract it can be unlocked:)

Did you ask for an unlock whilst in store?
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

the imei number does match with a contract, i did ask in store he said it wasnt possible to do in store, its almost asif nobody nows lol

Message 5 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Here you go. It's best to full in info with your bosses information. (With his approval of course)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks alot slight_smile how long does it take ?

Message 7 of 10

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Can take up to 28 days but mine was done in a week.

I think the 28 days figure is just to cover their backsides:)
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlocking on contract is free

Message 9 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Be aware that even if you unlock the phone and put in a different sim to run it on another network, the contract for that phone on O2 will still be running. If it's your boss's intention to cancel that contract, he needs to give O2 30 day's notice before the contract ends. Otherwise it will go onto a one month rolling contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 10