cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go see a Guru for proper advice...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently posted that I had no 2G internet connection on my IPhone 5 where I had connection on my Nokia N8.  I was advised by the O2 shop to change my sim card - 4 day delay due to problems last weekend, did not resolve issue, multiple chats with the on line gurus told me to wipe sim and leave phone off for 10 minutes, mast down problems...............etc but no help.  I was advised by Toby to see a guru in the O2 shop.  Unfortuately for me the problems lay with O2 and the fact that connection over 2G is going to be slow - smartphones are not made for 2G apparently.  My phone did not connect through 2G but the Guru's phone did.  He changed the cellular settings to mobile instead of idata and managed to connect.  I have tried at home and again it now connects.  Ok its not a major problem as I can use Wifi at home and 3G most other places, but having a very expensive piece of hardware I wanted to make sure that everything worked!  My advice to anyone having a problem, ignore the stupid advice given by the chat Guru's (not all of them - just the ones I had!), and speak to someone face to face, if you can.  At least you feel that you are not just being fobbed off.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I have an iPhone 4S I've recently gone on to contract sim n my Internet is not working I've reset my phone I've also reset the network setting plz can you help
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have a standard data bolt on check your APNs are set to mobile.o2.co.ik

If you have an idata bolt on then the APN should be idata.o2.co.uk

Message 12 of 12