cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten security question iOS tips

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I recently had to phone the apple support team because of my new iPhone 4 wouldn't let me pay to download music or apps as it said a new device needs the security questions answering. I set my apple id up years ago so cannot remember the questions at all or answers. The support people couldn't do anything as I couldn't answer the security questions on the account to verify it. other people I know have said they can't remember their questions but they have cards connected to their accounts where as I only use the itunes vouchers. 

Here is how I worked around it For people in that position. buy your music or apps with your id but on another iOS device, I use my iPad 2, then once you have bought them, install them on your phone by syncing the device to itunes your PC, then sync the PC to your phone & you will have all your new apps & music on. 

If you delete them, you can go bk in the App Store & reinstall them without having to sync as they are already purchased.

hope this is useful

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah you can but then it asks you to verify the Id with security questions on your account but you cant if you cant remember the answers which in turn is the actual problem if you can't remember the things so you get a bit stuck & frustrated

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Surely you can can change the security question in the manage your apple ID bit?

I remember a link to reset security questions in there:/

But great post thanks:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah you can but then it asks you to verify the Id with security questions on your account but you cant if you cant remember the answers which in turn is the actual problem if you can't remember the things so you get a bit stuck & frustrated

Message 3 of 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha so the link to reset the security questions that you forgot doesn't work unless you type the answer to them?

Wow that almost useful haha.

Thanks for setting me straight:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha, no It don't, kind of daft really but funny, no worries my friend

Message 5 of 5