cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT SEND TEXTS TO MY BROTHER IN SPAIN.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am baffled as to why all of a sudden I cannot text my Brother who lives in Spain, I have other friends that live in Spain and I can successfully text them? I can call my brother and a good connection is made but as previously mentioned cannot text him, I receive his texts ok. I have extensively researched on forum sites but to no avail, my handset is an iPhone 4 and my brothers handset is an older handset and not a smart phone. Can anyone offer any suggestions please? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Howdy,

I wonder if your brother's phone collates text messages in folders (by Contacts) and has reached the upper limit if he doesn't delete any..?  A long shot I know but worth checking.

Jonty.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly worth a try! Thanks for the response!

Message 3 of 6

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Evad.

Does your phone show that the message has been sent, using an iPhone it should always show a progress bar and once it clears that would indicate the message has sent, otherwise you would receive an error message.

Some phones have a "block number" feature, typically Samsung devices.

This can easily be accidentally triggered and you would be surprised how many people get caught out by this.

Although the placement of this feature varies heavily from phone to phone, get your brother to head into messages > options > text messages or possibly applications > block number.

Hope you get it sorted.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Kudos 117.

Unfortunately my brothers handset is a really old fashioned analogue phone and has none of those facilities. Yes, the text looks as if it has gone as the progress bar disappears and I receive no error messages. I must admit I am baffled by this one and is probably costing me a fortune in "test" texts to my brother! :-((

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

use this link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

Message 6 of 6