cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting the wrong number through roaming?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right, so I am currently using the Iphone 5SE and the person I tried calling uses iPhone 5S. Here's some background information..we are both currently abroad in the same country but different cities/places. As of 15th June O2 don't charge for roaming therefore any calls I make to UK numbers say 'Bundle Call' before the ringing signals. Anyway, yesterday I tried calling my friend after getting missed calls from him, however I wasn't able to ring at all. The screen would say calling now and would not make any noise for minutes. Eventually, the 4th time I rang the silence continued but suddenly I heard a female voice and background noise saying "Hang on a minute" in Bulgarian. Both of us where in Bulgaria although different places, I understood the girl and just waited thinking one of his friends answered. However after a few seconds of silence the ringing tones began and someone answered..speaking something that sounded French to me and sounding very confused...obviously wrong number or person. I then hung up thinking my friends phone was stolen, so I rang again to double check and this time he answered and had no idea that I had tried to contact him through the day! When I checked the call log it said that the first call was cancelled and the second one which was successful was X secconds long. I am wondering is this a network error due to high traffic or some sort of similar issue or could it be a fault within mine or his phone? Just to add I have been ringing other UK numbers currently in the same country and I've had no issues. Would be an O2 fault as we're both on O2? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
Quick question did you both have +44 or 0044 in front of the number before dialing each others number..

Its a Bulgarian Network issue not o2, as 07 is a local area code.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum. It does sound as if this could be some sort of network 'glitch' which sorted  itself as you managed to speak to your friend eventually Just keep an eye on any unusual charges via My O2

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

if there are any problems with your bill then you can sort this out when you get back to the UK http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
As neither of you were connected to o2 at the time it's unlikely to be an o2 fault. I guess you would both be connected to the same roaming network though?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10160 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
Quick question did you both have +44 or 0044 in front of the number before dialing each others number..

Its a Bulgarian Network issue not o2, as 07 is a local area code.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

Hopefully, their advice helped you! Personally, when I had this problem, it was because I didn't have the country code as @madasaf1sh said. But please let us know how you fix it so we can learn for next time Thanks!

Thanks @MI5@Cleoriff and @madasaf1sh for the help, you guys are Fantastic

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymousdid manage to call their friend eventually.. so unless they changed the country code after the two failed attempts I am not sure that would have been the issue? (Just trying to apply logic :smileywink:)   

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6