cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't unlock my iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I bought my friend's iPhone 4 from him but it is locked to o2. I was told that all I had to do was buy a pay as you go sim card and then fill out the online form. I did this but had a reply stating that they couldn't unlovk the phone as it was not registered to my number. What can I do?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It may have been too long since it was used on contract. Make sure you have made calls and give it at least a day on your PAYG sim. Also, remember the £15 credit on the sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am not 100% sure on this answer, but will try and help. Is it possible to get the number it was being used with previously, and use that to get it unlocked? If you are on another network, i would assume that your provider will be able to obtain the unlock code?

Sorry for the vague answer, just trying to bring you a solution.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Are you suggesting I enter the number on the form as the number the phone is registered with? I can try this but my friend has already tried filling the form out himself whilst the simcard was not in the phone.
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Two ways of doing it...
1 - Use the number your friend had in the phone. If this was a contract number it would work and be free (providing it didn't come off contract too long ago).
2 - Use the number off your PAYG sim card. BUT, you have to use it with the PAYG sim first for a couple of days and you need to have at least £15 on the phone when you submit the form.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. So If I use his number but my name etc that will work?
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No you need to pretend you are him, ie do it as if he was requesting the unlock with his account details and password etc. It will only work this way if its not been off contract for too long.... a couple of weeks at most, otherwise it's the PAYG route....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks, it's been about a month since the contract ran out so should I use my own number on PAYG then? When I tried using his number it asked me for a password which i obviously don't know and would have to ask him for
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can you not just ask him to fill out the form for you? Otherwise, yes, it would be easier to do it on your PAYG sim.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
He already tried filling it out for me, although at the time there wasn't an o2 sim card in it. Thank you for the help. I have filled out the form again using my PAYG number, I will let you know how it goes. thanks
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It may have been too long since it was used on contract. Make sure you have made calls and give it at least a day on your PAYG sim. Also, remember the £15 credit on the sim.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12