Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log on to wifi

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Can somebody please help with this, Got my Iphone 5 today. Tried to log onto wifi and just keep getting the message "unable to join network" the password is being entered correctly as my girlfriends ebook connects. When I click the blue arrow there are no settings in the ip adress etc either. Also no 3g signal Please help.

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Don't know what I've done Jonsie, but it's now working. slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you get the message, forget this network?, click ok. Reboot the router and then search again. Under the HTTP Proxy click Auto.

As for the 3G if you just have a standard data bolt on change the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

If you have an iphone data bolt on APN should be idata.o2.co.uk

Message 2 of 25

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Didn't get the forget this netwrk message, tried rebooting the router. Still won't let me log in, it finds my network o.k, but keep getting the same message. I'm truly lost.:smileysad:

Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried resetting the iphone holding the power and home buttons in for 10 seconds and then reboot and try connect again.

Message 4 of 25

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Tried it twice now Penny and nothing, what's worrying is when I click the blue arrow. There is neither a forget this network option, or any settings (ip etc). I had no issues connecting with my old phone, and I'm just getting a bit worried now as I only have a 1gb allowance, so was relying on wifi too. I really am stuck.

Message 5 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

in settings, press the blue arrow next to your wifi and at the top of the next page is Forget this Network. Press on that and then reboot the phone as described by Penny ^^^.Hold the buttons down until the apple logo appears.

Reboot your router and then try to connect on the iphone again.

EDIT. Just noticed your last reply. Seems you might have a problem with the phone. I suggest you **bleep** to your local o2 store to see if you can connect to their wifi and then you will know if it's a phone problem.

Message 6 of 25

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hate to be a pain Jonsie, but when I click the arrow. It just has sky22060 at the top of the next page, nothing else. Tried the three different pages and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried resetting network settings and  putting it in areoplane mode and switching back  ? If you have do a restore.

Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you put the password in exactly as it is written ie: caps or lower case letters

Message 9 of 25

Bez89
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes, and my girlfiend put the same password on her E-reader and it worked.

Message 10 of 25