cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple says my o2 contract iPhone 4S is refurbished!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime middle of last year I took an iPhone 4S contract with o2, and still under warranty. My phone has died; I guess it has because of charging issues.

On o2 customer service advise, went to Apple store and they have told me that my phone has a component which is not genuine, which implies that is refurbished and issued me with a letter saying the same, and I don’t have any reasons not to believe them. Needless to say that I never had my phone repaired, in fact I have 4 iPhone in my household, and two of them are under warranty.

o2 store took my phone and sent to the repair office, and today I’ve received a text message from them saying that my iPhone is not covered by warranty, and want to give me a quote for repair. To say that I went ballistic is the understatement of the year, so spoke to the customer services that were unable to help me in anything.

Basically, I’ve paid for a new phone and didn’t get one, and they want me to pay them on the top to repair a refurbished one which I didn’t order in the first place!

I’m logging my official complaint as a formal process to get to the Communications Ombudsman Services, and ready to get to courts if needed.

Anyone here has been in the same situation before?

Thanks

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What a beautiful situation to be in 😞

I cannot see why apple nor O2 would lie(not that I'm accusing you of lying either).

Might be worth taking it to an electronics shop a lot of them have people that would happily fix it for you. Probably for less than what you'd be charged through apple or O2.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 21 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:
Might be worth taking it to an electronics shop a lot of them have people that would happily fix it for you. Probably for less than what you'd be charged through apple or O2.

Thats an idea but if we accept what the OP is stating why should they be prepared to pay for a repair, when the iphone should be under warranty and covered by Apple's software or hardware breakdown limited warranty.

If a repair is carried out by an unauthorised engineer / bodge it d.i.y shop worker the handset could be damaged even more, and the warranty would be completley worthless.

Message 22 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Liquid wrote:

Thats an idea but if we accept what the OP is stating why should they be prepared to pay for a repair, when the iphone should be under warranty and covered by Apple's software or hardware breakdown limited warranty.

If a repair is carried out by an unauthorised engineer / bodge it d.i.y shop worker the handset could be damaged even more, and the warranty would be completley worthless.

I think you may need to read between the lines on this thread.

Message 23 of 33

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I try not to. Always get a rather negative view of people when I do haha
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 24 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vanguard once we start replying to posts by what one "reads between the lines", then I feel any such reply will be tainted.

Message 25 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Vanguard once we start replying to posts by what one "reads between the lines", then I feel any such reply will be tainted.

Are you serious? Life is not black and white. People will lie and move the goalposts to suit there own agenda. Common sense is the only true evaluation of ones intelligence, you should try it.

Message 26 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
People do lie, exaggerate, act fraudlently, and do all manner of terrible things......BUT!

Be very careful about implying/insinuating/saying that someone is telling porkies withoug proof of such activity slight_smile
Message 27 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you serious? Life is not black and white. People will lie and move the goalposts to suit there own agenda. Common sense is the only true evaluation of ones intelligence, you should try it.

I agree people do but until you have factual evidence of such I would continue to approach the thread on the merits the OP is talking about.

Why do you feel the need to insult me about bringing my inteliligence into question ?

People are entitled to their opinion I submit. 

Message 28 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
People do lie, exaggerate, act fraudlently, and do all manner of terrible things......BUT!

Be very careful about implying/insinuating/saying that someone is telling porkies withoug proof of such activity slight_smile

Have I done as you have posted?  NO is the answer in case you are struggling. 

Look at the whole thread, the fact the OP has not responded since being asked questions that he went out of his way not to answer. 

Some people on her need to grow a back bone and start telling it the way it is. 

Message 29 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree people do but until you have factual evidence of such I would continue to approach the thread on the merits the OP is talking about.

Why do you feel the need to insult me about bringing my inteliligence into question ?

People are entitled to their opinion I submit. 

Well you called me 'Vanguard' so my expectations were tainted to start with. 

You made a comment on the thread about it going of subject yet all I actually did was ask questions that nobody else had.

Go back and read my posts and tell me what questions are asked were wrong and if you had the answers to those questions that you would not be better informed to answer the original question?

Message 30 of 33