cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple says my o2 contract iPhone 4S is refurbished!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometime middle of last year I took an iPhone 4S contract with o2, and still under warranty. My phone has died; I guess it has because of charging issues.

On o2 customer service advise, went to Apple store and they have told me that my phone has a component which is not genuine, which implies that is refurbished and issued me with a letter saying the same, and I don’t have any reasons not to believe them. Needless to say that I never had my phone repaired, in fact I have 4 iPhone in my household, and two of them are under warranty.

o2 store took my phone and sent to the repair office, and today I’ve received a text message from them saying that my iPhone is not covered by warranty, and want to give me a quote for repair. To say that I went ballistic is the understatement of the year, so spoke to the customer services that were unable to help me in anything.

Basically, I’ve paid for a new phone and didn’t get one, and they want me to pay them on the top to repair a refurbished one which I didn’t order in the first place!

I’m logging my official complaint as a formal process to get to the Communications Ombudsman Services, and ready to get to courts if needed.

Anyone here has been in the same situation before?

Thanks

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i mistakenly used the word "vanguard" this was because i was commuting to work and was using my iphone, which on the mobile site is sometimes hard to pick out certain detail especially with the motion of public transport , so please accept my apologies for my error.

As for the rest im not going to be drawn into any further discussion with you on this subject as i feel the thread is idle as we are awaiting for the original OP to update it..

I would like to close by saying take care and be well.

Message 31 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When i mistakenly used the word "vanguard" this was because i was commuting to work and was using my iphone, which on the mobile site is sometimes hard to pick out certain detail especially with the motion of public transport , so please accept my apologies for my error.

As for the rest im not going to be drawn into any further discussion with you on this subject.

I would like to close by saying take care and be well.

As I thought. 

Same to you

Message 32 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'll close this thread now. slight_smile

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 33 of 33