cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple id with new iphone5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to transfer all my apps and music to my itunes and then transfer them to new iphone5 , I keep getting error saying apple id is wrong even though i have changed it and its still same error ??

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest that you try logging out of your iTunes account in iTunes on your computer and then log back in, before you connect your iPhone 4S. Hopefully that would show up an issues in iTunes first.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you 'restoring' the new phone from the last back up of your old phone?  That should just transfer everything that was on the old phone on to your new one.  I usually then re-name the new phone thus retaining the back up of the old one just in case something goes wrong in the first couple of days.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep i backed old phone up and trying to restore and it asks for password and i enter it, Then it says i need to reset the password which i do and then enter the new 1 and same problem.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure which part of the process is giving you the error, but I will outline the steps that you need to do to transfer Apps and Music from one iPhone to another.

Firstly on your old iPhone, go to settings => iTunes & App Stores, and make sure that the Apple ID shown is the same one as the Apple ID that is logged in on your computer in iTunes (you can check that under the iTunes Store menu option). If it isn't, then you will need to sign in with the same account that you use on your old iPhone.

Then you should be able to connect your old iPhone to your computer and in iTunes, do a right click on your old iPhone and select transfer purchases. After you have done that then do another right click and your old iPhone in iTunes and do a backup.

Now you should be able to connect your new iPhone 5 to the computer and set it up using the backup you created from your old iPhone.

This is the basic outline of steps that you need to do, but if you still are having trouble, then please can you explain in more detail exactly what you have done so I can understand where you are stuck.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok my original post is a bit out of date in this thread.

Just a couple of questions so I can understand your setup.

1. Is you iTunes Apple ID the same as your iCloud Apple ID ?

2. Do you have a security password on your iPhone ?

3. When you say it asks you for a password, is this in the setup process or afterwards when you try and log into iCloud or iTunes on the new iPhone ?

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure which part of the process is giving you the error, but I will outline the steps that you need to do to transfer Apps and Music from one iPhone to another.

Firstly on your old iPhone, go to settings => iTunes & App Stores, and make sure that the Apple ID shown is the same one as the Apple ID that is logged in on your computer in iTunes (you can check that under the iTunes Store menu option). If it isn't, then you will need to sign in with the same account that you use on your old iPhone.

Then you should be able to connect your old iPhone to your computer and in iTunes, do a right click on your old iPhone and select transfer purchases. After you have done that then do another right click and your old iPhone in iTunes and do a backup.

Now you should be able to connect your new iPhone 5 to the computer and set it up using the backup you created from your old iPhone.

This is the basic outline of steps that you need to do, but if you still are having trouble, then please can you explain in more detail exactly what you have done so I can understand where you are stuck.

This is the part i am at when i select transfer purchases its asking for password i enter and it fails every single time even when i have changed it through the reset link  through  my email.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.

Are you logged into iTunes with the same account that is shown on your old iPhone under iTunes ?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep i am  connected with my iphone4s The must be a problem with itunes i will try it again later tonight.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest that you try logging out of your iTunes account in iTunes on your computer and then log back in, before you connect your iPhone 4S. Hopefully that would show up an issues in iTunes first.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the must be a problem with iTunes as its very slow and unresponsive at times aswell. I will try again in the morning and post back.
Message 10 of 13