cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple id password

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hope that someone can help me I have short term memory loss.

The passwords that I can remember and use without any problems with my banking ebay paypal for the last 5 years are not strong enough for apple.

I have tried to use a stronger password but as above forget them as I do not use them all the time. I have explained this to apple but all I get is reset password to one you have not used before it seems that they cannot understand what short term memory loss is and that I have tried to use the ones that I can remember so I am in a never ending circle create new strong password then forget it.

They also do not seem to understand that if I cannot remember my password then I cannot buy anything from itunes or iphone apps store.

Can anyone give me some advise as to who to contact at apple who can help so I can could then use a password that I can remember.

Any other advise would also be welcome.

I may just have to wait until a jailbreak is available for ios6.0.1

dpick1947

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't bother remembering any passwords except one, in fact I don't know what most of them are, I use a program called LastPass on my pc.

I use a password for this program and record any passwords as I create them.

LastPass will create passwords as you need them and then ask if you want them stored, it will then enter them on web sites as you need them.

LastPass stores them all in the "cloud" so you can gain access to them from any device online.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not sure if this is too obvious but can you not write down your chosen password and keep it somewhere safe?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi tried that one problem is putting it safe where young ones cannot find it and I can remember where I put it. I continuously have to have help finding things etc. Sometimes have to ring my mobile to find it good job my phones have contact lists

dpick1947

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can you keep a list on your PC ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

cant you keep a card or something on you to remind you like a clue of what the password is

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
or how about your full name (no spaces) with the number 1 at the end. That should be enough letters to keep apple happy..?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

or just add a capital letter in the word

Message 7 of 10

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Save it on your phone as a contact. Way I've kept a couple of my more random passwords:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 8 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I don't bother remembering any passwords except one, in fact I don't know what most of them are, I use a program called LastPass on my pc.

I use a password for this program and record any passwords as I create them.

LastPass will create passwords as you need them and then ask if you want them stored, it will then enter them on web sites as you need them.

LastPass stores them all in the "cloud" so you can gain access to them from any device online.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are apps available that act as a vault to store your passwords etc.
Message 10 of 10