O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 1: Joiner

Any Northern Ireland people recieved their posted preorder?

Mine says 'out for delivery' dont know if that means it is on its way across the irish sea or literally on a van going towards my house Smiley Happy

Level 3: Thinker

Re: Any Northern Ireland people recieved their posted preorder?

means its in a van making its way around Belfast. Im still waiting for mine though

You sure?

Where do you live? not exactly Smiley Happy just a general idea...I am in East Belfast Cregagh Rd area - I will post back here if anything changes might give us an idea of when the other might arrive.

Glengormley, near the zoo. I am sure

http://www.business-post.com/scripts/wsisa.dll/ws_quickpod.html

Whack your consignment number in there and it gives you more information than the ukmail.com website. Tells me my order arrived in Belfast at 4am

Cheers - didnt get a chance to do that but mine arrived Smiley Happy Happy camper!! I had resigned myself to Monday (and in my case Thursday cause I am away on Sunday)

Good surprise for once Smiley Happy

Happy days, hopefully mine is on its way now =D

You're around 15 mins away from me! 

Can't wait! Hopefully soon!

First of all I'm happy for other O2 customers in NI who have received their new phones.

I'm in Newtownards and I've been refreshing my delivery status since early this morning - it's been stuck on 'In Transit' whereas I've been hoping it would change to 'Out for Delivery'.

I phoned the courier DPD, gave them my consignment number and was told my package is most likely in a container on a boat crossing the Irish Sea, and that my postcode isn't eligible for Next Day delivery despite my order summary stating 'Parcel - DPD Next Day'. This is totally at odds with O2's repeated (and glib, it seems) assurances to consumers who pre-ordered and paid money in good faith that "you will get your phone on launch day." The FAQs stated that the only consumers who should expect delay are those in the "Highlands and Islands" which I do not consider NI forms part of.

Why did O2 select DPD as courier for NI deliveries if they could not deliver on time (which it seems UK Mail CAN)? I have taken today off to be at home to await my delivery; re-delivery on Monday is no good to me as I start a new job next week and there will be nobody at my house to sign for the package.

Incidentally I pre-ordered last Friday at 7.07pm - plenty of time in advance for O2 to get properly organised.

I have been with O2 for as long as I have owned a mobile phone and feel it has gained me nothing - my expectations have been mis-managed, the information given out has been inaccurate and it simply isn't good enough (especially bearing in mind the upfront cost of a handset - in my case £299).

Poor show!!

Rant over... miracles do happen so if by some chance my phone materialises today I will gladly post an update on this same thread to let you guys know.

[ Edited ]

I live in Londonderry and received mine at about 1:45PM and mine was next day delivery! Although I wasn't really expecting to get it today, It was 'out for delivery' this morning after 9:00AM also with DPD. I ordered at 6:30PM on Friday!

Still nothing for BT12 area Smiley Sad