cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already Factory Unlocked iPhone 4 is locked again

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI..

My already factory unlocked iPhone 4 unlocked by O2 has been locked again after doing 'erase all content and settings'. I have synced with itunes as well but it says unsupported sim. Kindly help as I am not in UK.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It shouldn't happen but the only thing I can suggest is calling CS to see whats showing for the phone on the database.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried putting a non o2 sim in it

Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

i got it unlocked by filling out the unlockmyiphone form. it was unlocked already as I was using other carrier's sim in it.

Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am trying but its still locked. I am not in UK and not on O2 contract anymore. Would CS still help? 

Message 14 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As it was an O2 phone they are the ONLY ones that can help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to be in the uk to do it, so it wasnt actually factory unlocked then? if you orginally used the unlock form

Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I used unlocked form. After using the form i believe phone becomes factory unlocked and imei is to be sent to apple servers, but in my case i dont what happened and my phone is locked again, anyways will have to contact CS

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck & let us know how you get on.by the way  how long since you requested the unlock

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
In january 2012 and since then I wasn't using it on o2
Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

have you requested the unlock again

Message 20 of 20