cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on upgrade please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i recieved a call early last week from who i thought was O2 to discuss my upgrade which is due on the 30th, i went through everything to set up my upgrade including my payment details etc etc and was being offered the same deal which i had seen on the shop so really had no reason to be weary, however at the end when the lady was going through the legal stuff she mentioned car phone warehouse? does this now mean i have upgraded through them rather than through o2?

Please help!!

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
What number did they call you from?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
0161 726 0202 it's my own fault for trusting them
Message 22 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mmmm a search brings up very little. Couple of hints that it may be CPW but it doesn't sound like it's their way.
Message 23 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a strange one, just have to see what they say on the phone tomorrow I guess, they have had my payment details since Wednesday and not attempted to use them
Message 24 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

If one takes a look a few pages back Phonepay Plus states where the number possibly comes from

Message 25 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If one takes a look a few pages back Phonepay Plus states where the number possibly comes from

They appear to be Birmingham based so why they are using a Manchester number is anyones guess, although I suspect it's a spoofed number given the "0202" reference in it.......?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=promotions4ll+ltd&oq=promotions4ll+ltd&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's what got me really the fact it was 0202
Message 27 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect that was quite deliberate.

Many o2 text services in particular follow a similar format.
Message 28 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got my fingers crossed that they let me cancel without any hassle
Message 29 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hence why I recommend you phone and write. It is extra legwork for you but worth it.
Message 30 of 58