cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3GS home button

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a 3GS that is 13 months old, suddenly the home button has stopped working, I looked at apple support site, said update should fix it, updated it to 6.0.1, didn't fix it, tried a restore, didn't work either, any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Step 1: Navigate to, and launch one of the stock applications on your iPhone. If you don’t already know, the stock apps are things like weather, YouTube, stocks, settings etc (any that come as part of iOS).

Step 2: When the app is launched, press and hold the Power button located at the top of the device until the ‘Slide to power off’ appears.

Step 3: Press and hold the iPhone home button. Keep the button depressed until the Slide to power off slider disappears and the application quits back to Springboard.

Step 4: Voila! Your home button is now re-calibrated and should be more responsive for you.

Just did it on mine brilliant:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

there was a recalibration trick I think it may be in my useful links thread in my signature if that is no use then apple genius for out of warranty replacement

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok cheers

Message 3 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Step 1: Navigate to, and launch one of the stock applications on your iPhone. If you don’t already know, the stock apps are things like weather, YouTube, stocks, settings etc (any that come as part of iOS).

Step 2: When the app is launched, press and hold the Power button located at the top of the device until the ‘Slide to power off’ appears.

Step 3: Press and hold the iPhone home button. Keep the button depressed until the Slide to power off slider disappears and the application quits back to Springboard.

Step 4: Voila! Your home button is now re-calibrated and should be more responsive for you.

Just did it on mine brilliant:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers mate, worked a treat

Message 5 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It's adamtemp to thank I hadn't heard of it before. So thanks Adam:) sorted my phone out as well:)
Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@liquid it is when people just post a solution without reference to the source that confusion like this takes place see it in many threads.

I always post an acknowledgement or just post a link to where the solution can be found. Even I did not come up with it but linked in my useful links post to the source on these forums.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 7