thanks dave

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

BGJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
After several months of constant phonecalls and messages and even store visits as o2 reckon there should be no reason why there is no option to turn on WiFi calling on my wife's P30 pro which we specifically upgraded to due to there having been a mast down for over a year at our home area, I have now been sent a text stating that o2 do not support WiFi calling on the P30 Pro. A TEXT!!!!? not even the courtesy of a phonecall!!

More to the point, they are mis-selling products so this is in fact a legal issue now, and believe me, I will pursue this, as I am sick to the back teeth with them and this is just the icing on the cake.

I really do hope there is a rep on here who reads this, as this needs addressing.
Message 41 of 55

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BGJ 

Says it is available on your device here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 55

Gracjan
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

@RichardC wrote:
Hi Chris, a quick correction if I may...the P30 pro does support wifi calling. The facility has been disabled in o2 carrier specific settings. Please can you give whoever is responsible for turning it on...a sharp poke in the ribs and ask them to get on with it.... thanks

The hardware may support it, but it's not currently supported on O2 which is where my previous 'not supported' comments came from. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

Sadly it's not an easy or simple case of 'turning it on'. The functionality needs to be implemented network side for it to be supported and every device has a different implementation of the technology, and our Wifi Calling implementation may be different to another networks.

I do however have some good news to share, but as we've had so many different threads on Wifi Calling for these devices, I've created a new thread (oh the irony...) for maximum visibility.

Any update Chris?

Seems like O2's website is misleading us because it says that you DO support P30 Pro / P30 Pro New Edition but in fact... YOU DO NOT.

And this is really frustrating.

I'm annoyed when I see that my second SIM from Three is working fine with WiFi calling and VoLTE but not my main network... O2. What a shame.

Get in touch with HUAWEI and MAKE IT RIGHT PLEASE.

Huawei P30 Pro New Edition
Message 43 of 55

Gracjan
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@BGJ 

Says it is available on your device here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Yes. But it's not. Its simply not working on P30 Pro and P30 Pro New Edition.
Customer Service says "we are aware of this problem with P30s in our network".

They are aware. That's all they do probably.

Message 44 of 55

BGJ
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Exactly, customer services can't see any reason why not, as the phone supports it, they advertise the phone as having it available, yet the firmware or software does not allow it.

Strange how as soon as they decided today that they would get a 'Guru' to call me, I suddenly get a text stating they don't support it
Message 45 of 55

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Can you help @BGJ or @Gracjan with their issues with WiFi calling @O2Kyle or @O2Sarah?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 46 of 55

Gracjan
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

No hope in sight.

And still, no 4G Calling on my P30 Pro NE. 😞

Message 47 of 55

Monkeyman999
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi mate the P30 Pro DOES Support wifi calling on 02 simply log into your 02 account and click more then down to 4g and wifi calling and click Add wifi calling to your account 🙂

Message 48 of 55

Monkeyman999
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi mate the P30 Pro DOES Support wifi calling on 02 simply log into your 02 account and click more then down to 4g and wifi calling and click Add wifi calling to your account 🙂

Message 49 of 55

Gracjan
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes. It's working but it's not so simple as you think. I think we are not an idiots and know how to switch things on or off. The thing is... P30 Pro required some soft update (O2 Apps and customisation) to get it working. I have my phone P30 Pro from August last year and got working 4G Calling and WiFi Calling from about a month so.... . Yeah.
Message 50 of 55