cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all, i've had my samsung J5 since Feb 2017 and out of the blue I've had a message from voicemail to change the PIN and was wondering why now tonight of all times it's wanting me to change it? Could I have been hacked?

cheers

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, it is strange, but then nothing is a surprise these days wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Could be a scam.
If you do wish to change it, follow the method here
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wondered if it was a scam too, thanks. Any to prove it? I've ran the smart manager app and all is clear

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
May just be a chancer and nothing specifically on your phone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

should i change the PIN now? is it safe to do that? how do i get the voicemail icon to disappear without changing the PIN?

cheers

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can still call your VM to listen to messages without changing your pin, as long as you call from your o2 phone by dialing 901.
I doubt you have any need to change your pin anyway unless you've actually given it to anyone else?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

it's currently on default and i've not given it to anyone else. looks like i'm going to have to change it 

thanks for your advice 

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's certainly a sensible idea to change it from the default - that's how all the celebs got their vm hacked.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

it's currently on default and i've not given it to anyone else. looks like i'm going to have to change it 

thanks for your advice 

Then yes you should change. The whole newpaper hacking scandal was because they knew the default network pins. O2 usually prompt you to change it. 

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks all, i just thought it was a bit odd to be prompted to change the PIN 10 months after buying it. 

Message 10 of 11