cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages fail because they convert to multi media and are immobilised

Anonymous
Not applicable

text messages fail because they convert to multi media and are immobilised. how can i prevent this from happening?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
See help link here to explain why texts are converted https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
See help link here to explain why texts are converted https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The text messages aren’t actually immobilised.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
No, but there MMS function is immobilised so won't send as MMS when the texts convert due to going over 480 characters.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume it’s a different mms system for android rather than iOS or is it the same

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144508 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
Same system but if you have disabled MMS in settings they won't send.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6