Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam messages

rdi1973
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus & i keep getting messages from PsyToday, for some reason it doesn't allow me to block number, usually there are 3 little dots in the top right hand corner of the screen but not with these messages,

the messages tell me if i want to stop recieving them to ring a number 03333350297 but i don't trust it, anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @rdi1973 

Follow this advice.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages 

Edited to add, that number is for 'calling a psychic'. Obviously will cost if you call it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@rdi1973 

If you long press on the message from your message list, do you get a menu pop up with an option to block or mark as spam?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Some gumpf from their website:

Calls cost £1.50 per minute plus your network access charge. All calls are recorded. You must be over 18 years old to use this service which is for entertainment purposes only. You must be the bill payer or have the bill payer's permission. We may send free promotional messages. Customer services & marketing opt out 0333 335 0297 * In a recent survey, 96% of our customers said they would recommend Psychic Today to friends or family. With over 3 million readings and counting, we're proud to back our psychic's ability with a fair, no-fuss guarantee. This guarantee applies to pre-pay readings only when using your credit or debit card (our 100% money-back guarantee is not redeemable on the Premium Rate 090 line). To redeem, please visit https://www.psychictoday.uk/landing/guarantee within 72 hours of your reading or contact our customer service team on 0333 335 0297. ** Speaking to a psychic in a live 1-2-1 reading deducts £1.50 of your credit per minute. If you run out of credit, you have the option to continue your call and additional minutes will be billed to your credit/debit card. The rate for additional minutes is £2.00 per minute. Special offers are available dependent on how many minutes you pre-purchase. Email reading prices differ depending on the length and type of reading. *** Reference to organisations and media outlets should not be construed to imply an endorsement or sponsorship of Psychic Today or its products.

https://psychictoday.uk/#/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

rdi1973
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

no, if i long press on the txt i can delete the message but nothing to block the number

Message 5 of 10

rdi1973
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i will try this, thank you very much

Message 6 of 10

rdi1973
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thats great, thank you

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You're welcome @rdi1973 

03 numbers are included in your allowances so you won't be charged for calling their customer service line.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

rdi1973
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i thought this may be the case but its a weird 03 number so i wasnt sure, thank you thats great help, i will call them & see what happens, thanks again, stay safe 🐵

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10