cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim swap upgrade problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a new Samsung galaxy s8 delivered today along with a new sim card in order to retire my ageing Nokia 925.

I have followed all the instructions I could find and carried them out to the letter, to the point that just after 1715hrs my Nokia fell silent with 'NO SERVICE'. However since then, my nice new Samsung hasn't sprung into life at all and now at 2350hrs I am still sat here with no means of making or receiving any calls.

Is this normal to go over 6 and a half hours without any phone service at all?

I had to go out at 1800hrs and have only recently returned, although I did receive a Text at 1900hrs, so didn't think much of it until I have returned, but this has meant that I had no chance of calling O2 Guru's, so does anyone have an out of hours contact for O2.

Everyone has been telling me that going from a Nokia 925 with windows to a Samsung with Android was going to be a major pain but I didn't think it would mean such along period of 'No Service'

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you, i'll do that, cheers
Message 11 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Usually, when your old sim switches off, your new sim should activate, so there's obviously a problem somewhere along the line. Hope you get it resolved in the morning. Must be frustrating not to be able to use your new phone. Good luck. Come back and let us know how you got on, if you have the time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do
Cheers
Message 13 of 13